Western Civ 3/31 - response to the blog post about accountability

      Taking into consideration that all of this information on the blog can be related to many but not to all, here is my response. We are all at home, where we should be comfortable. We have everything we would do after school here such as phones, gaming systems, netflix. I think it is natural for us to slack off or take shortcuts. I, personally, just want to get it done. The time passes much faster with friends to mess around with, and now we are in our comfortable space, there is none of that and it becomes purely work. This does not apply just to students, teachers too. I am sure some teachers are also slacking off, because they too are in their comfortable space. I have always slacked off however, I have not done (with the exception of things that are due first mod or at 12am,) any homework at home this year. That is something I have struggled with since middle school, and it's because I have settled for mediocrity. I can turn something in with little, rushed effort and still get a good (not great) grade on it, but I'm not failing so I don't mind. I am mediocre, and to be honest I will probably live the rest of my school life doing that because most of the subjects taught in school and undergrad are subjects that don't apply to daily life or my career. We are all settling for mediocrity and I don't know if the habits will change.

Comments

  1. Well, this was not a mediocre blog post. So there's that.

    Arete, Lily, arete.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Western Civ 4/1 - Greek Theater

Western Civ 6/1 - letter to my future self